Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Evil

     The evilness of the what happened in Connecticut has overshadowed what should have been a joyful Christmas break for children everywhere.  I can't imagine being those teachers going back to work today, I don't think I could do it.  3 days and you are supposed to just move on.  I know it will be hard for me when I go back in 2 weeks and I wasn't involved personally. 
     I don't know how as a parent you can "explain" these things.  I am glad Luke is too young to know what is going on.  What would I say, "An evil, insane man decided when 26 other people would die because he felt like it. No, mommy can't keep you safe in this world.  No one can.  People are crazy, truly.  I am sorry if this doesn't make you feel better."  It would be the truth.  You can't go to school, the movies, the mall,or the grocery store without taking the chance of being shot to death for no reason.  And people wonder why I like to stay home...